February 27, 2015 | Jobs
Outfit7 group is on the lookout for an industry leading Supervising Animator to work on an exciting current and upcoming video and game projects. His/Her responsibility will be overseeing all animation and animation driven story output of internal and external people or studios. He\She will also be charged of creating 3D character animation tests to define characteristics of our characters including animating them for video and game when needed. If you want to grow and lead a team of talented artists (internal\external) in game and video industry then you should apply.
The position will be located in Ljubljana (Slovenia) and employed with Ekipa2 d.o.o..
- Will be involved with initial 3D tests to help define the personality of the character involved.
- Interact with Director to help define the acting requirements on both a sequence and shot basis.
- Animate key shots within the sequence that help to define the acting and are an inspiration for other shots within the sequence.
- Work with animators to ensure the creative goals. Involves hands-on relationship with the artists, viewing sequences before the Director, and collaborating during Director approvals on shots.
- Participate in animation reviews and meetings (dailies, walk-throughs, pre-production meetings, blocking meetings, etc.).
- Track story and continuity issues within the sequence.
- Assist in the set-up of department structure for the video and game: hardware, software tools, production process, and training. May also assist in longer term department structure strategies for the studio.
- Work closely with the Character TDs, Head of Animation , and other Supervising Animators to ensure the performance requirements of the character work with the rig and tools. Also ensure ongoing communications with the Character TD’s to make sure the process runs smoothly.
- Work with other Supervising Animators to reach consensus on the rig philosophy and to achieve consistency across all characters (e.g. naming conventions).
- Interacts with other departments to ensure acting performance of characters is preserved across all sequences.
- Appropriately elevate issues and solutions to Production Management effectively.
- Work closely with the Head of Character Animation and Production Supervisor in the management of the department.
- Work with the Head of Character Animation and Production Supervisor to hit sequence deadlines and ensure the quotas are met for both shots and sequences.
- Responsible for improving the performance of Animators on the team. Mentor Animators to provide guidance, experience and insight. Involved in trying to resolve performance related issues.
- Responsible with Production Supervisor for maintaining crew morale. Foster good working atmosphere and ethics.
- Work with management in the casting and staffing of talent on the show.
- Help with recruiting and perform interviews. Ensure that animation new hires are provided the necessary training.
- Facilitate meetings with artists to keep the crew informed on show changes and requirements.
- Ensure open lines of communication with other departments and department heads.
- To enjoy creative work.
- Work in multilingual environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience including production experience in Tv video animation or Games.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya.
- Proven Leadership experience.
- Experience building new pipelines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and originality while being comfortable in adapting to a wide range of styles.
- Able to balance being holder of the vision while supporting consensus from a talented team of artists and game makers.
- Come equipped with an understanding of bleeding edge art techniques.
- Excellent team player.
What do we offer
- Employment relationship for an indefinite period of time with a six month probationary period.
- Work in a regulated business environment.
- Diverse work with daily new challenges in a young team of interesting colleagues and a relaxed working environment.
- The opportunity for personal and professional development.
- Participation in attractive projects.
An attractive compensation package will be constructed consisting of base salary and participation through stock option plan.
About the company
Ekipa2 d.o.o. is part of the Outfit7 Limited, a UK multinational entertainment company headquartered in Cyprus.
Find more information at www.outfit7.com.
Where to send applications
Send your application including your CV in English with a chronological list of the acquired knowledge, past work experience and references through to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject: Supervising Animator).
DIREKTOR ANIMACIJE (M/Ž)
Zahtevane so bogate izkušnje iz vodenja animacijskega procesa. Sklenitev delovnega razmerja nudimo za nedoločen delovni čas s šestmesečnim poskusnim delom v podjetju Ekipa2 d.o.o., s sedežem v Ljubljani.
Rok za prijavo: 15. 4. 2015Read more