Junior Game Writer
Outfit7 Brit Limited, | London, United Kingdom | Full-time
We are looking for a writer and gamer with a passion for mobile games and entertainment. Your task will be to write in-game texts for our Talking Tom & Friends franchise, as well as new games in development, tapping into new game genres and potential new brands. This role also involves writing game-related materials, including product marketing, marketing, and PR, and coordinating them with our product, marketing, and localization teams.Apply now
LEVEL UP WITH THE MARKETING TEAM
Work and play for an award-winning global brand.
Think digital and create attention-grabbing marketing campaigns.
Get to know our 410 million monthly active users and learn how to excite them.
Discover a world where there are no limits on good ideas.
In this role you will
- Work with Game Design to create game stories.
- Create game, environment, and character backstories and descriptions.
- Work with the UI and UX teams on UI and other in-game texts.
- Work with Product Marketing on storefront texts and with Marketing on various promotional materials (game descriptions for the website, and helping set up TOV and game-based communication/stories for marketing campaigns and various communication channels, like social media and specific gaming channels, and guidelines for influencers, etc.)
- Work closely with Localization to deliver the source texts for localization.
- Contribute to the story development of the Talking Tom & Friends universe.
- Maintain and/or create the vision and tone of voice, as well as game writing guidelines of the Talking Tom & Friends universe and potential new brands.
- Perform editing tasks, research, and documentation as needed, as well as any writing duties that may be assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Native English speaker, with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to write in multiple styles and formats including in-game texts, tone of voice, story bibles, VO scripts, and other written (and video) assets.
- Strong understanding of the Talking Tom & Friends tone and style.
- Independent working style with regards to writing tasks, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of the team.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well under deadlines and iterate rapidly.
- Technical proficiency, with the ability to learn the required toolsets to implement work in the game.
- 1+ years of gaming industry experience as a writer/story developer or similar, or completed study in a relevant field of expertise (a Bachelor's degree or equivalent is a plus).
- At least one shipped AAA game title in a writing or game design role.
- Passion for and knowledge of modern video games and mobile games, with experience in game design an advantage.
- Knowledge of successful IPs in today’s popular culture.
- Understanding of various game toolsets is a plus.
- Successfully published writing work (novels, short fiction, film, television, comics, etc.) is an advantage.
What we offer
- Employment relationship with Outfit7 Brit Limited (an Outfit7 subsidiary) for an indefinite period of time, with a six-month probationary period.
- Diverse work with exciting daily challenges, working as part of a young team in a fun, relaxed environment.
- The opportunity for personal and professional development.
- Participation in attractive projects.
- A compensation package will be constructed, consisting of a base salary and participation in a profit-sharing venture.
- An attractive compensation package will be constructed, consisting of base salary and participation in a profit sharing scheme.