Here at Outfit7, we take fun seriously. That means it's important to us that the whole family can enjoy our games without any stress, worries, or risk. While our highest priority is to make our games as entertaining as possible, we also realize that privacy, security, and screen time are real concerns for many of our players - and especially for parents. So we've created this quick, handy guide to maximizing fun and minimizing worry when playing our games!
In order to maximize safety, security, and enjoyment while playing our games, we recommend the following:
- Regularly talk to your children about gaming. Encourage them to share their own feelings about it, and share your perspective with them.
- Agree time limits on gaming time with your children before they start playing.
- Protect your payment details as securely as possible.
- Before your children play one of our games, play the game yourself to understand how it works and why your children will have so much fun playing it. To ensure that the game is set up appropriately, select the birth year of your child upon download, and check that your phone settings (e.g. purchase settings, passwords) are also set properly.
- In some of our games, the player can name their character. The in-game instructions specify that the player should not use their own name. This serves as a precaution to secure personal information, although the name of the character can't be seen to other players.
- If anything about your child's experience with our games is unclear or worrying, don't hesitate to contact us.
There's also plenty of useful information and tips in our FAQ section. Check it out here: https://outfit7.com/game-support/
All our games are completely free to download and play, but for players who want to speed up their progress or customize their experience, we do offer the option to purchase in-game items and currency. Whether you play with or without in-app purchases, our games are great fun – and you'll be able to progress through them either way.
If you want to avoid in-app purchases, the simplest way is to ensure that every purchase requires a password or other authentication method. Here's how to do this:
- Tap the Play Store icon to open the Google Play Store.
- Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap "Settings".
- Tap "Require authentication for purchases".
- Select "For all purchases through Google Play on this device".
For more information on other parental controls offered by Google Play, click this link: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6209547?hl=en&ref_topic=3364260
- Tap the Settings icon to open the Settings screen.
- Tap "Screen Time".
- Tap "Content & Privacy Restrictions".
- Tap "iTunes & App Store Purchases".
- Under "REQUIRE PASSWORD" select "Always Require".
For more information on other parental controls offered by Apple, click this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304
We do not process payments for in-app purchases, and we do not have access to your credit card information. Payment transactions for in-app purchases are completed through the app store via your app store account. All billing is processed by Google or Apple, depending on what kind of device you're using, which means that purchases made in our games are generally non-refundable. However, in a few cases, exceptions can be made. Refunds can be requested from Google or Apple using the following links:
- Google support: https://support.google.com/googleplay/?hl=en#topic=3364671
- Apple support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084
If you wish to contact us regarding parental controls, or for any other reason, there are three ways to do so: